- Journal: Write a paragraph-long encyclopedia entry detailing what a poem is. What does something need to be a poem. Be as detailed as possible. Pretend that you are explaining a poem to someone who has never heard of it before.
- Fill out your chart with the following
- Poem's title and author
- What you notice about the poem. Does it fit with any of our poetry definitions?
- What do you wonder about the poem? Is anything about the poem surprising?
- Choose one of that station poems.
- Write a paragraph explaining how the poem fit or defied your definition of a poem.