Answer the following questions for our "Save the Last Word for Me" Protocol:
1. What piece is your selection from? Who wrote it?
2. What was the number one thing that made you select the piece? What resonated or stuck with you the most. Please include a quote that you can share in your group.
3. What were your "good" writing criteria? Explain how this piece fit at least two of them. (You may explain how it fit criteria from class or how it used different literary devices--imagery, symbolism, simile, etc.--but you may not just say that it just did. You have to make the connections.)
Monday, August 31, 2015
Friday, August 28, 2015
- Review of The Garlic Ballads homework
- Writing Circle: Circle story "It was at that exact moment that, suddenly,..."
- Bring in a reading that you enjoy--or at least like better than other pieces. We will be working with these on Monday.
Thursday, August 27, 2015
- Brainstorming free write
- The Garlic Ballads section 1 reading
- Discussion of what we notice
- Nobel Prize Criteria for good writing + discussion of it
- Read the next section of The Garlic Ballads and write down observations in your work packet